Thursday, April 22, 2010

my re-fashioned 80's & 90's dresses!

check out what happens when you just make a few alterations to those dumpy old rayon and cotton dresses from the salvation army!

poor ugly dresses:




...happy new dresses:

i loved the puff-sleeves and elastic waistband on this green one, so all that changed was the skirt length.


the high collar and long sleeves were hot and dumpy, so now its a blue sundress!



the taupe 80s dress turned out a little shorter than i'd wanted, but it looks super with tights. i have to admit, i feel pretty darn cool in this one. yup.



the classic teacher jumper gets a new life! chop!



this floral is my favorite one, i loved the lace collar, waist ruffle, and matching belt, but the shoulder pads and sleeves had to GO! also the skirt is slightly shorter. i'm so happy with it!

5 comments:

  1. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing. I love to sew and cook and create. I always have tons of projects going on at one time.

    You can check out my stuff if you want: http://trishsartwork.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these made me smile. i wish i could do that kind of stuff. keep the posts coming lady! you're on a roll lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marta GoodpastureApril 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM

    You've done your Momma proud!!! Much more creative than I've ever tried to be. Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Nina! You can never underestimate the value of thriftstore stuff--if you look hard enough to find it. I was just thinking the other day that it was about time for a run to the thriftstore... thanks for the information. (my favorite is the 80's one!)

    ReplyDelete